Become a SignatureWines.com VIP Card Holder!
- * Receive free corkage at an ever growing list of great restaurants
- * Treat yourself and a friend to complimentary wine tastings each and every month
- * Be the first to know about the best wine socials and events
Join the Party -- Our Wine Lover's Community!
* List your favorite wineries, wine bars and restaurantsRead More +
* Share your opinions and reviews; read what others have to say
* Make new friends, get more features -- Registration is EASY and FREE!
SignatureWines.com VIP Card Holders
* Enjoy access to one of a kind experiencesRead More +
* Take advantage of special perks and savings
* Receive exclusive invitations to events, parties and shows
* Where to start? Go beyond the obvious, find the hidden gems.Read More +
* Look for special experiences, deals and delights.
* Search and share!
Wine Events, Parties, Festivals -- Fun!
* Find out about the latest wine-related happeningsRead More +
* Meet new friends, discover new wines
* Share your experiences
The Purple Boot Takes Shape
What could be more iconic than the imagery of stomping grapes? I searched for images and discovered a wonderful photo of a large black galoshes covered with purple juice and fragments of little dark purple gems. Pow! The concept of the event now had a name “The Purple Boot”!
Well, a name like that requires a very special trophy to vie for. My passion for art and for supporting artists demanded a commissioned art project. I love glass art. I reached out to Treg Silkwood, an amazing glass artist and instructor at the Bay Area Glass Institute and shared my vision. And so Treg created an iconic award, hand crafted like the wines of the vintners courageous enough to put their wines to the scrutiny of wine lovers near and far. A trophy destined to become a legacy of passion and good natured culinary artisan competition. Like the NHL’s Stanley cup, the Purple Boot Trophy, a chalice worthy of being filled with the nectar of the gods.
The base of the trophy utilizes the staves of an authentic American Oak medium toasted wine barrel. The barrel long retired now, and presently re-purposed to form the base of the Purple Boot Trophy! Nothing wasted, the oak barrel renews it's usefulness ithrough our trophy. The remainder of the barrel resides in the garden supporting the forthcoming summer and fall fresh produce.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments