Become a SignatureWines.com VIP Card Holder!
- * Receive free corkage at an ever growing list of great restaurants
- * Treat yourself and a friend to complimentary wine tastings each and every month
- * Be the first to know about the best wine socials and events
Join the Party -- Our Wine Lover's Community!
* List your favorite wineries, wine bars and restaurantsRead More +
* Share your opinions and reviews; read what others have to say
* Make new friends, get more features -- Registration is EASY and FREE!
SignatureWines.com VIP Card Holders
* Enjoy access to one of a kind experiencesRead More +
* Take advantage of special perks and savings
* Receive exclusive invitations to events, parties and shows
* Where to start? Go beyond the obvious, find the hidden gems.Read More +
* Look for special experiences, deals and delights.
* Search and share!
Wine Events, Parties, Festivals -- Fun!
* Find out about the latest wine-related happeningsRead More +
* Meet new friends, discover new wines
* Share your experiences
The Purple Boot: The Inspiration
As a relative newcomer to the world of wine enjoyment, I enjoy learning my capabilities and current limitations of my olfactory abilities. Initially, as I began to learn the basics of wine tasting especially the five “S’s” ; sight, smell, sip, savor, swallow/spit I liked to guess what the alcohol level was in the wines I was tasting that day. I marveled at my certified sommelier’s uncanny ability to identify the exact alcohol content of the wine he tasted.
I enjoy the original format of the Iron chef and other culinary competitions. So I thought why not combine the very best aspects of these events? An event format being entertaining, fun and social, while simultaneously offering people the ability to discover and improve their own wine knowledge and skills.
California offers so many wonderful wine experiences outside of our “world famous” Napa Valley wine region. Livermore Valley, California’s oldest wine country and the Santa Cruz Mountains are but just two wonderful examples of terrific wine regions. And so the concept of this event was conceived.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments